HVAC project companies usually find it difficult to finalize the water tanks for cooling applications. Even then it's a commercial HVAC project or Industrial one. In today's blog, we will be covering few basics regarding choosing a Hot and cold well tank and its sizing.
A sturdy and durable tank is always recommended in various chilled water systems. We will explain why it should be strong but before that, we would like to explain the major three tasks for which these tanks are meant.
1) To Accommodate the thermal expansion of the chilled water used in the process.
2) To maintain the positive pressure and temperature at all the time.
3) To maintain a proper suction at the chilled water pump.
Now, why it's required to be strong enough for a tank? the biggest reason is sudden temperature change could lead to cracks and sometimes damage to the system if a proper material is not used, that is the reason why stainless steel tanks are highly recommended to use in such HVAC systems.
What is a split reservoir and How does it work?
To provide a nonstop cooling or a certain range of temperature all the time, maybe it's mission-critical or at a lower risk in all the conditions a cooling system should be reliable and strong enough. Following are the major processes a cooling system follows during a typical cooling cycle.
- A typical system requires a divided tank or reservoir to make this tank into a hot well and cold well. Beltecno's Panel type tanks are ideal to make partitions or a split reservoir due to the uniform sizes of panels used in the construction of the tank, which is (1Mtr x 1Mtr).
- Water from the cold well is pumped through the suction pump connected with it to the point where this cooled water is required to perform as a media for heat transfer due to which heat is usually picked up. After completing this cycle the process water returns to the hot well of the panel tank generally warmer them before.
- In the next step, it's time to pump the processed water from the hot well of the panel tank to a cooling system it could be a chiller system or a cooling tower where water is cooled down to its pre-defined temperature and again supplied back to the cold well.
- Beltecno's Stainless steel panel tanks provide optimum efficiency even when the process flow and temperature variations due to which cooling towers and chillers also work in their best capacity the flow rate and temperature maintained, The insulated panel tanks are fully proofed and provide the best results in terms of lower heat transfer rate.
- Recirculating pumps also hold a huge responsibility and the system assures a constant flow to the cooling tower or chiller system under different process flow conditions where flow is regulated and changing as per the demand. Water flow has its own importance in terms of performance of the flow is insufficient, it may cause scaling issues. If there is too much water, can cause excess water loss and improper cooling.
Beltecno is supplying highly durable stainless steel panel tanks in Singapore.
For more information regarding our stainless steel panel tanks download our product brochure by clicking the button below, drop us your requirement on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on any of given numbers +91 9116009580/+91 7300084028